Friday, January 7, 2011

Terry Douglas and staff helps

erry Douglas and Crew Help the Homeless at Poulsbo Inn September 20, 2009
I went by the Poulsbo Inn about 12:30 p.m. today and sure enough there was a garage sale there to benefit the Chris Christensen Fund. I went in and introduced my self to three gals who were working the sale. I met Terry Douglas who manages the Inn and she told me Chris Christensen stayed there one night each month on the dime of the Vets. I guess Chris served our nation that way.

The other 29 days of the month Chris stayed out in the cloverleaf on Hwy 305. Terry and her employees got to know Chris and they became family. How cool is that?! Now, with Chris having died, apparently of a failed liver (according to the good folks at Poulsbo Red Apple, who also were very kind to Chris), Terry and her crew raise funds to let others who are in Chris’ shoes stay at the Poulsbo Inn. Now is that cool??

Terry told me they plan to do the garage sales periodically. Now, if you want to help Terry and her cre, you can give to the Bremerton Rescue Mission (www.bremrescue.org) and just note on your gift ‘Chris Christensen Fund’ and we’ll make sure Terry Douglas


Poulsbo Inn
gets your gift so that people who need a place to stay can stay at the Poulsbo Inn.

Poulsbo Inn – www.poulsboinn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment